Advancing Opportunities provides staff in-service training seminars on Substance Abuse and Co-existing Disabilities to service providers in the fields of substance abuse treatment and to providers of disability services. The intent of the seminars are to increase the awareness of providers in both fields to the risk factors for substance abuse among those with disabilities and to reduce barriers to those in need of treatment services.
Seminars are free of charge to community service providers, schools, and the general public in an effort to increase accessibility to substance abuse treatment services statewide for people with all types of disabilities. The topics covered within these seminars include
- Substance abuse and co-existing disabilities
- Eliminating physical, programmatic, and attitudinal barriers to services
- Understanding the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Risk factors for substance abuse for individuals living with disabilities
- Resource and referral information
For additional information and/or to arrange for a presentation session at your agency for your staff, please call 609-882-4182 ext. 513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.